Individual Classes for Child Care Providers
Each topic will be covered individually in a two hour workshop.
1. Principles of childhood development, including the appropriate supervision of children, meeting the needs of children enrolled in the program with physical or emotional challenges and behavior management and discipline;
2. Nutrition and health needs of children;
3. Child day care program development;
4. Safety and security procedures, including communication between parents and staff;
5. Business record maintenance and management;
6. Child abuse and maltreatment identification and prevention;
7. Statutes and regulations pertaining to child day care;
8. Statutes and regulations pertaining to child abuse and maltreatment;
9. Prevention of Shaken Baby Syndrome.